In 2002, the National Association of Corrosion Engineers published the results of a study called “The Cost of Corrosion”. The study revealed that the annual, direct cost of corrosion in the United States was $276 Billion. The cost was broken down by industry. Of those industries, the majority of the costs were incurred by:
Utilities, Transportation, Infrastructure, Government, and Production & Manufacturing
Those industries accounted for $137.9 Billion of corrosion cost annually.
- Utilities – Electric transmission & distribution, gas distribution, water & sewage systems $47.9 billion
- Transportation – Railroad cars, motor vehicles, ships, aircraft, and some HAZMAT transportation Estimated $10.8 billion
- Infrastructure – Bridges, gas & liquid transmission pipelines, waterways & ports, waste storage $22.6 billion
- Government – Defense, interstate bridges, water distribution, transmission pipelines, airlines, space industry $20.1 billion
- Production & Manufacturing – Pulp & paper, petroleum and petrochemical, agricultural, food processing Estimated $11.6 billion
These cost figures are for 2002. The cost in 2015, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, would be $150.2 Billion. The Storm Greeter coating system is right for all of these industries. Whether using the liquid application or the pre-cured Storm Greeter sheets, you can’t go wrong.
The testing shows:
- Storm Greeter stands up to impact & abrasion – Withstood EPRI’s impact and holiday testing and Ovante’s 12-gauge shotgun blasts (400 pellets at 1,255 feet per second per blast) without perforation
- Storm Greeter is chemical resistant – withstood 3 months immersion in 95% sulfuric acid before showing signs of breakdown
- Storm Greeter is UV resistant – UV tested by EPRI and by Touchstone Labs
- Storm Greeter is saltwater & marine life resistant – 13 month AL-DOT test in the Perdido Bay at Orange Beach, AL, 6 month Ovante test in the Perdido Bay at Orange Beach, and a 7 month Ovante test on Dog Island, FL. Marine life – including barnacles – can be removed without heavy blasting and brushing.
- Storm Greeter has a high dielectric strength – Florida Power & Light
tested to 23,000 volts
- Storm Greeter pre-cured coating has up to 3,500 psi adhesion
For more information, or to place an order, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 334-363-9558.